Monday, February 18, 2013

Discovering Your Purpose!




The two most important dates in our life is the day we were born, and the day we discovered our purpose. However, if you examine the taxi above you will quickly note that it’s only by the Grace of God that I survived long enough to discover my purpose.

   My father held more jobs than a Jamaican immigrant, when I was growing up, and one of them was as a taxi driver for Jones’ Cab in Culpeper, Va. I always enjoyed spending as much time with him as I could, so I would often accompany him in his cab as he picked-up customers. Well…on one of these days when I was around 6-yrs-old, dad and I had just dropped off a fare and had to cross a stretch of train tracks, four tracks wide, which connected “The Alley” to the rest of the town.  As always, before crossing the tracks we looked both ways—even though the railroad crossing lights had indicated that the coast was clear. About half-way across these rickety tracks a train came out of nowhere and smashed into the taxi! It was only by the Grace of God that dad and I survived that horrific accident, and I still carry a scar over my right cheek that reminds me of His Grace and my guardian angels each day. You see, God had a purpose for me!

Fast forward…February 26th 2011 my wonderful wife Angela had to meet her dad very early over in Southeast D.C. (District of Columbia). Every Saturday morning during the prior few weeks I would wake up and go running, but if I wanted to get my 4-miles in on this particular a.m., I would have to rise & shine and hit the pavement before the sun had even yawned. I had logged many miles on this same route consistently over the past few weeks, but on this particular morning things would never be the same. About a mile into the run, I entered into a transcendental zone where I would travel hundreds of yards and not know how I had gotten there. The single transcending thought that had dominated my mind during each pounding stride was simply:

"You have to write a book titled, ‘Body, Mind & Spirit.’"

   Now, although most of us have dreamed of writing a book about something, I knew that my writing skills were a bit...umm...how can I put this? WEAK!! As the hundreds of yards turned into miles, it became even clearer that by writing this guide, God would improve my writing skills and provide the people and wherewithal to breathe life into this project just as He had done to Adam. Besides, a few people that I’ve known for years had published books. Dr. Psyche Williams-Forson had written Building Houses Out of Chicken Legs, which was reviewed in the New York Times, and Dr. Tamara Brown had published African American Fraternities and Sororities, which explored the rich past and bright future of the nine Black Greek-Letter organizations that make up the National Pan-Hellenic Council. Why couldn’t I also produce something that’s socially relevant?

   Usually after running four miles I would be winded and my muscles would be stiff, but one of the most incredible things about this unforgettable run was that I was not winded at all after my last stride! In fact, I felt as refreshed, as if had just gotten out of bed after a very restful sleep. Looking back on this life-changing run from a heightened spiritual perspective, I had received an anointing. Even more, I had just discovered my purpose!

   Upon entering the house, the first thing I told Angela was, "Baby, I think I'm going to write a book."  Perhaps she may have thought I had slipped and hit my head, but her response was rather encouraging and she even brought a book home from the grocery store later that day that provided some valuable insight into my task at hand. My help mate took the very first step in the incredible journey that my wonderful family would later take as one.

   Unfortunately, like most good ideas, doubt and negativity began to enter my mind as the day went on, but for every reason I may have thought of why I shouldn't invest the time, energy and money into writing and publishing this guide, 20 reasons emerged why I should. I've long believed in the power of speaking things into existence, so I immediately posted my public proclamation in the Body, Mind & Spirit: The Awakening Facebook group and vowed to donate one-half of all revenue (not profit but revenue!) generated from the sale of the book to my new church home of Holy & Whole Life Changing Ministries International located in Lansdowne, Va. I kind of felt like Moses who, despite his speech impediment, God allowed to do great things. God sent Aaron to Moses and I truly believe He sent me the wonderful folks in my Facebook group to offer assistance, encouragement and various perspectives.

Have you discovered your purpose? Have you been running from it? What things do others constantly remind you that you should consider doing? What things do you find yourself doing on a regular basis, and you may not be even getting paid to do it—yet? Please know that God has a purpose just for you, and your journey to find this purpose actually began when God first thought of creating you. Yes, God thinks. Therefore, He put events in motion that not only allowed your parents to meet; but God also orchestrated all the generations on each side of your family tree just so you would have the genetic code that allows you to be the extraordinarily unique individual that you are. Your very existence can never be considered an accident, for although our world is unfortunately filled with many illegitimate parents, God has yet to create a single illegitimate child. You were created for a purpose!

I challenge you to take a few moments and really meditate on what is your purpose. Once you discover it, please make sure you tell at least five other folks what it is and how you plan to fulfill it.  These individuals will be your accountability partners that will help ensure that your purpose will never again be hidden from the world.

Author Biography and Book Synopsis

James Hackley just may be the most blessed individual you’ll ever meet. Despite a highly successful sales & marketing career that has spanned the last two decades, his true “calling” is touching the lives of others and inspiring them to want to change for the better.  As a result of a major epiphany, James was able to lose an amazing 50 lbs of fat in just 4 months and has sculpted his 46-yr-old body into the best shape ever.  He has learned to significantly reduce stress, quiet the mind and get in touch with his spirit like never before.  As a result, he’s been able to free himself from a lifetime sentence of high blood pressure and high cholesterol prescription medications.  More importantly, he’s been able to inspire those around him to do the same.

In his latest release, Body, Mind & Spirit: The Awakening, James explores the root causes of why we overeat, refuse to exercise, live chaotic lives and fail to accomplish the goals that God has intended for our life since the dawn of time.  This is not just another diet or “weight loss” (loss of fat and muscle) book. Diets simply don’t work, and James emphasizes how we need to be more concerned about “fat loss.” In fact, this guaranteed bestseller would be better categorized as a “Negativity Loss” guide: loss of negative fat, negative habits, negative foods, negative people, negative thoughts and negative actions. This guide arms you with knowledge and encouragement to put a plan into action to finally master the things that have long mastered you.

Mr. Hackley received a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from Longwood College and a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Virginia. He’s an author, inspirational speaker, philanthropist, chaplain of a local chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity and an active member of Holy & Whole Life Changing Ministries International in Loudoun County, Virginia. He is the proud founder and CEO of Omega Consulting Enterprises, LLC and currently lives in Sterling, Va. with his beautiful wife Angela and their daughter Landon. He enjoys exercising, running, meditation, reading and simply being used by God.

Contact Info:
Omega Consulting Enterprises, LLC
P.O. Box 2892
Sterling, Va. 20167
Office #: (571) 315-5923

No comments:

Post a Comment